Looking for recipes idea to make tonight? Try this Split Pea Soup recipe! We provide you only the best Split Pea Soup recipe here, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Split Pea Soup with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Split Pea Soup RecipeYou can cook split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that. Preptime: 30 Minutes Cooktime: 54 Minutes Serve: 1 Persons Nutrition: 227 calories.
The ingredients needed to prepare split pea soup :
- You need dried split peas
- Provide meaty ham hock with bone
- Use Bacon and bacon grease
- Provide Chicken drippings or chicken bouillon
- Provide sliced carrots
- Prepare chopped celery
- Prepare medium sweet onion chopped
- Prepare cream
- You need butter
- Use salt and pepper
- Provide water
Steps to make Split Pea Soup :
- Sort through peas, clean them of any debris.
- Put peas and ham in large pan cover with 8 cups of water.
- Add onion
- Bring to boil
- Turn down to simmer and cover. Simmering for about 1 1/2 hours. Stirring frequently.
- Remove ham bone cut ham from bone and dice putting both both and meat back into the pot.
- Fry bacon, add grease to pot put bacon aside to crumble into soup later.
- Add carrot and celery. Simmer another 30 minutes.
- Add butter, cream and bacon crumbles. Stirring well add salt and pepper to taste. About 1 to 1 1/2 tsp each. I use less salt and let it be salted to taste by each person. Simmer another half hour stirring frequently and serve.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Starving Your Body Is Not The Solution For Weight Reduction
If you happen to be one of those people who have tried all those other eating plans and programs with no success you could be looking for something else that will work. You may want to contemplate eating negative calorie foods as an easy way to get slimmer. A negative calorie food is often a food that requires more calories to process and the food contains.
Not surprisingly many people have customized this eating regimen to be part of their daily life. You don’t however, have to eat solely these negative calorie foods, as you can just add them with your current diet. You can simply incorporate some of these negative calorie fruits and vegetables to your regular meals in order to drop unwanted weight.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
A number of of the foods that you’re allowed to eat on this type of diet are foods including asparagus, spinach and carrots. And also for you fruit lovers, you are able to eat mangoes, strawberries and watermelon, these are all considered negative calorie fruits. By doing a little homework on the Internet, or maybe even obtaining a negative calorie cookbook you will find that there are a lot more options for negative calorie eating.