If you’re looking for Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, look no further! Our page is devoted to gives you only the best Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to make Southwest-style chicken soup with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Southwest-style chicken soup RecipeTo cook southwest-style chicken soup you only need 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it. Preptime: 39 Minutes Cooktime: 32 Minutes Serve: 1 Persons Nutrition: 280 calories.
The ingredients needed to cook southwest-style chicken soup :
- Prepare 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Prepare 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Provide 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- Get 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Get 1 tbsp chili powder
- Prepare 2 tsp ground cumin
- Provide 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Use 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- You need 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- You need 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes, including juice
- Take 4 cups chicken broth
- Take 1-14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Use Garnishes
- Take Cilantro, chopped
- Use Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Use Avocado, sliced
- Prepare Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Prepare Lime wedges
- Provide Tortillas, crisped
- Prepare Cheddar cheese, grated
Steps to make Southwest-style chicken soup :
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil.
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side.
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Help Your Body To Burn Unwanted Fat
Want to know a secret that could help you get rid of excess body fat? Having the knowledge combine foods right is a key to losing weight. Foods could be classified based on their digestive prerequisites. When you consume harmonious foods at the same meal, your digestive system can do its task right. Let’s look at the rules for proper food combining.
Making matters a bit more complicated, you should be able to distinguish between four types of fruits: sweet, acidic, sub-acidic and melons. Figs, prunes, bananas, and dehydrated fruits contain adequate amounts of sugar to be classed as sweet. Pineapples, lemons, oranges, and grapefruits are the most typical fruits in the acidic category. Sub-acidic fruits include: apples, papaya, mango, plums, kiwi, peaches, and nearly all berries. There are many varieties of melons, which make up the fourth category of food.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Start to make changes in your diet in a slow manner, as you get accustomed these new ways of consuming food. When you’re committed to better health and losing weight, you’ll see that these rules really helpful.