Hi, welcome to my recipes page. Trying to find appetizing food recipe? Why not try Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe! Our page is dedicated to bringing you only the best Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Curried red lentil and potato soup with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Curried red lentil and potato soup RecipeTo cook curried red lentil and potato soup you only need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that. Preptime: 30 Minutes Cooktime: 55 Minutes Serve: 3 Persons Nutrition: 163 calories.
The ingredients needed to make curried red lentil and potato soup :
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Provide 1 onion, finely chopped
- Get 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped or frozen
- Provide 1 tbsp garam masala
- You need 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- You need 1 tsp cumin
- Take 200 ml tinned coconut milk
- Prepare 500 ml stock - I used some chicken stock that needed using from the freezer but you could use vegetable stock here instead
- Get 1 potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- Take 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- Use 1 cup red lentils
- Prepare 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Prepare 1 tsp mango chutney
- Get 1 heaped tbsp dessicated coconut (unsweetened)
- Prepare Squeeze lemon
- Provide 1 tbsp natural yoghurt - I used thick greek yoghurt. (You could leave this out if you don't have any - it will just be a little less rich and creamy.)
- Provide Salt
- You need Chilli flakes
Instructions to make Curried red lentil and potato soup :
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the spices and mix with the onion. Now add the potato and carrot and coat with the spices. Add a little stock (2-3 tbsps) to loosen the spices.
- Add the lentils and stir well. Add the coconut milk and 1/4 of the stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the tomato puree, dessicated coconut and mango chutney and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Now add the rest of the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook with the lid on for 25 minutes or until the veg and lentils are lovely and soft. Stir regularly so that the lentils don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth (you can serve the soup as it is before blending which will give you more of a thin dahl).
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, yoghurt and seasoning and simmer for a few more minutes. Serve in warm bowls with some lovely fresh chunky bread - we had ours with porridge oat bread while it was still warm from the bread maker… Heaven!
If you find this Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Starving Oneself Is Not The Solution For Weight Reduction
With numerous people today being overweight and trying all of the fad diets that never seem to deliver the results, a lot of people are trying to find alternatives. Losing weight is usually simple enough by just eating foods that are considered to be negative calorie. For those of you do not know, foods that are regarded as to be negative calorie to are foods that take more calories to process them when compared with what they contain.
Something else you may want to think about is attaching a small exercise habit to this type of diet plan. By including exercise and eating properly may find that you’ll have the capacity to drop weight even faster. It all comes down to your enthusiasm and determination. If you just need to lose 30lbs. or so, you will have the capacity to reach your goals in just a few weeks. You may be able to reach your goals rather quickly unless you don’t put in the work required to eat properly and exercise.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Cucumbers, green beans and broccoli are just a couple of the vegetables that you happen to be able to eat that are regarded as negative calorie. Apples, blueberries and cantaloupe are only just three of the fruits that are known as negative calorie fruits. There are obviously many more options for these negative calorie foods you just need to do your research and see which ones will best fit your needs.